Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Easiest way to instal HP printer in Fedora

I wanted to install my HP LaserJet 8150 and HP LaserJet 2430 Network printers in Fedora. I searched in the Internet but found many complected ways to install. After spending some time on the Internet and tried myself, I found the easiest way to install. I am writing the easiest way to install these printers.
1. type in the terminal
$system-config-printer
It brings one wizard.
2. Go to Edit menu and click on + New Printer
3. Select Internet Printing Protocol (if your printer is network printer, otherwise select LPT#1)
4. Click on Next then select HP and select model name
5. Finally when it ask Device URI, then give hp:/net/HP_LaserJet_8150_Series?ip=your.printer's.IP.Address
or
hp:/net/HP_LaserJet_2430?ip=your.printer's.ip.address

replace your.printer's.ip.address with IP Address of your printer.
eg. hp:/net/HP_LaserJet_8150_Series?ip=192.168.0.0
or, hp:/net/HP_LaserJet_2430?ip=192.168.0.0
6. Print test page.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

markove said...

I think the more easier way is update device from your device manager...if its win& it will better work then any other OS.