Closing Date: 15 May 2013
You should have expertise in one or more of the following, on the semantics side: * Programming Language and Processor Semantics and Type Systems * Automated Reasoning Tools, including Interactive Proof Assistants * Concurrency * Program Verification * Static and Dynamic Analysis and/or the following, on the systems side: * Computer Architecture * Operating Systems * Security * Compilers
Qualifications: The applicant is expected to hold before august 2013 an MSc degree in Optics, Photonics, Laser Physics, or similar. Experience with clean-room technology, experimental and programming skills (for numerical simulation) are an advantage.
Where: CN Secretariat in Seoul
- Bachelor’s degree candidates (Master’s preferred) majoring in public policy, urban policy, marketing, international relations, business management or related field
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience working with governments or international organizations preferred
- Database management and communications experience preferred
- Language ability in a CITYNET member native language preferred (Japanese, Korean, Tagalog, Indonesian, Nepali, Tamil, Sinhala, Mandarin, Bengali, Hindi, Vietnamese, Thai, Khmer, Malay, Lao, Marati, Urdu, and Mongolian)
Where: US Department: Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mathematics, San Diego Supercomputer Center Deadline: until filled Appointment Length/Period: The position is initially for 12 months with possibility of extension to three years.
Where: UK Subject: School of Design, Engineering & Computing Level: PhD Scholarship Deadline:
Application should be submitted till May 31, 2013.
This scholarship is offered to all students who have applied to study any full-time Postgraduate Research degree in the School of Design, Engineering & Computing beginning in the 2013/14 academic year.
Korean Government and Universities offer several scholarships to attract international students in Korea for all level undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. including some Korean language study. Some of them are described here.
where: University of Göttingen, Germany Deadline: April 8th, 2013 Requirements:
- a brief motivation letter - a curriculum vitae, degrees and transcripts - a list of publications (if applicable) and master/PhD thesis abstract - a description of your research interest - names, email addresses and telephone numbers of 2 references (one must be your current/previous academic supervisor)
Where: Italy Deadline: August 30, 2013 Requirements:
- Academic degree (or equivalent qualification) in any discipline. - Good working knowledge of English (TOEFL/IELTS/PTE certificate is recommended). - Minimum 3 years of work experience.
Where: Samsung Electronics, South Korea, Type: Full-time Desired Skills & Experience : The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of development experience, knowledge about wireless network protocols and deployment of network software for Linux, ,Android, Windows systems. Excellent software design, problem solving, and debugging skills. Experience with system level understanding on Wi-Fi drivers
Qualifications: MS or Ph.D. is preferred 8+ of professional work experience as a software or system engineer
Wireless Information Networking Lab (WINLab)
in Yeungnam University is recruiting MS/PhD/PostDoc in the following fields.
Student with strong motivation to pursue MS/PhD/PostDoc are invited to send their
CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Reply
email will be sent only to the shortlisted candidates.
Position - Post-Doctoral Research Assistant Department: School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science Salary: £53,948 per annum which include the single person's mobility allowance and superannuation (pension scheme) Closing date: 28-04-2013
Department: Centre for Commercial Law Studies Requirements: Undergraduate degree in Law and preferably an LLM or a PhD, or equivalent level qualification in law, and have taken relevant courses and/or have undertaken relevant research in the field of technology law.
Relevant experience in legal practice is not essential but may be beneficial, Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong research skills, excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Salary: £34,283 per annum (grade 5)
•An earned doctorate in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
•Specialization in Microelectronics, Automation & Control, or in Electric Power Systems & Machines.
•A record of outstanding achievements in higher education.
•Experience with ABET accreditation is a plus.
•Academic rank of appointment will depend on the qualifications of the applicant.
•The Department would also encourage those exceptional Associate/ Full Professors on sabbatical leave from their home institutions to apply as visiting faculty.