where: University of Göttingen, Germany
Deadline: April 8th, 2013
- a brief motivation letter
- a curriculum vitae, degrees and transcripts
- a list of publications (if applicable) and master/PhD thesis abstract
- a description of your research interest
- names, email addresses and telephone numbers of 2 references (one must be your current/previous academic supervisor)
The Computer Networks Group (http://www.net.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/) is working on the design, modeling, implementation and evaluation of networked systems, and has been funded by several EU, state and industry-sponsored projects.
The researchers are expected to collaborate with other colleagues and project partners, performing and publishing high quality research on the area of energy-efficient information delivery in disaster and Internet of Things environments. The applicants must have a good master/PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines, with good knowledge in network/distributed systems design and evaluation and, in general, excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Working experience with information centric networking, content distribution, network simulation, and/or performance modeling would be advantageous. Proficiency in English (spoken and written) is essential.
For more information: http://www.net.informatik.uni-goettingen.de/positions/1837