Friday, February 20, 2009

A trip to Australia

It’s always easy to be with friend in foreign country, especially when you have a friend who is already established in that country. This year I traveled Australia. A friend of mine, Anand, is living there with his family. I didn’t feel any difficulties from the airport to the airport. He came to pick me up in the airport with his car and we traveled a lot in CBD and suburbs. I lived in his place for five days and four nights. 

Photo: Coming back from the conference in the plateform

I felt home away from home. I ate Gundruk and Sadheko Sukuti that I was missing since I left Kathmandu. I even got a chance to eat Thai version of Wai Wai.

Melbourne is beautiful. Over the years I’ve been experiencing high raised apartments and big buildings. But, in Melbourne houses are only one floor in suburbs, most of houses have small front and back yard. Melbourne has a small CBD and that is full of Asians, Indians, and even Nepalese. I saw many Nepalese in Federation square chatting and surfing internet. I even saw the Nepalese sleeping all over the day beside the street in a floating boat. 

Photo: Infront of Eureka Building (picture taken by Archana Shrestha)

I was in the 60th floor of 63 building in Seoul, but this time I experienced Eureka Tower, a 300 meter skyscraper in Melbourne. It costs $16 to go to 88th floor. It has 91 floors and top 10 floors’ windows are 24 carat gold plated glasses. This is the world’s tallest residential building.

Photo: Seeing Melbourne City from the 88th floor of Eureka building

View from the 88th floor of Eureka building

View from the 88th floor of Eureka building

Me and Aanand in his house




An artist near federation squre


Tramp a convinent way to travel in Melbourne

No comments: